WHAT PADDLERS WILL LEARN:
- Water Safety with River Adventures Certified lifeguards and paddling instructors
- The rules and regulations for the Ausable River and Lake Huron
- Paddlers will understand how and where to position their vessels on the river safely.
- Paddlers will also learn various marine & sailing knots.
- Paddlers will have daily discussions and learn how to control the spread of Covid - 19 through River Adventures extensive guidelines and procedures
- Paddlers will be shown how to prepare and sanitize the equipment
- River Adventures have ample dockage and outdoor space allowing us to practice social distancing with ease
- Throughout the week paddlers will learn how to safely control, operate, and paddle Canoes, Kayaks, and Paddleboards
- Each day will finish off with paddlers taking their newly learned skills to the test. We will finish each day with a nice river or lake paddle, a support boat will always come on these adventures in case paddlers need a rest or break.
RIVER ADVENTURES WILL PROVIDE:
-Snacks* (Fruit and Juice/Water)
-All paddlers will receive a complimentary River Adventures T-shirt, while long sleeves and sweaters will be available for purchase.
*All Paddlers are welcome to bring their own snacks and lifejackets
PADDLERS ARE ENCOURAGED TO BRING:
- Change of clothing & Towel
- Mask, Sunblock & Hat
- General protection from the elements
END OF THE WEEK FUN:
Paddle club weeks will end
on the Friday of each week.
River Adventures will host a fun surprise activity including lunch each Friday. This is compliments of River Adventures, as a thank you to all our Paddlers
- River Adventures main concern is safety, especially on the water, therefore we will not be responsible for disruptive children. Please ensure that your child is capable of interacting with others in a safe & civil manner.
- River Adventures have a zero-tolerance policy for any abuse or bullying of any kind in our setting.
- Disruptive children will be removed from the program immediately to ensure the other paddlers have a safe and complete learning experience while enjoying a relaxing time.